1. Europe gets its name from Phoenician princess - Europa, who, according to Greek mythology, was seduced by Zeus who posed himself as a bull.
2. Europe’s highest Wash rooms rest at 4,260 Meters - Climbers at Mont Blanc do not need to worry about finding a rock for privacy, when they reach the end of their long hikes.
3. In France, calling your Pig”Napoleon” could get you to jail. It seems that the famous leader has left a lasting impression on his country and that can be keep in mind on Europe Tour.
4. Finland still has the very old “Carry your Wife contests” - Each year, People compete to check who can carry their wives fastest and the farthest.
5. The biggest recorded colony of Ants in the world is 6000 Km’s long - This stretch composed of 2-3 mm ants starts from Northern Italy and spreads out up to Atlantic coasts of Spain.
6. About one fourth Netherlands lies below sea level - For about one thousand years, people of Netherlands have been trying to find ways to claim their lands from the sea. The Canals, Windmills and Pumping stations are a remarkable feat of engineering.
7. London’s underground escalators – These escalators travel two times the circumference of our Earth every week.
8. The Sagrada Familia church of Barcelona has taken longer time to build than the pyramids and must be included in Europe tour packages(it started in 1882 and it is not done yet)
9. The most visited place in Europe is Disneyland, Paris
10. Iceland has no mosquitoes. Not even a single one.
11. Russia has more than 13,000 uninhabited villages, and it takes up 40% of Europe's land area
12. The Brussels airport sells more chocolate than any other location on Earth
13. Scotland has received the about 700 thousand Euros in tourism each year due to the Lochness Monster
14. By ferry, it would take us only half an hour to reach Africa from Spain.
15. Liechtenstein which is a very small country of Europe. During its last military participation of 1866, they sent 80 soldiers, who came back with 81. It seems they made a friend in Italy.
16. The Magical Istanbul has united Europe and Asia through the Strait of Bosphorus –It was Europe’s Capital of Culture in 2010, a program created by the European Union. Napoleon Bonaparte once quoted: “If the earth was a single state, Istanbul would have been its capital.”
17. Europe is a home to both the smallest country of the world - The Vatican City State, and the largest being Russian Federation and both can be explored on Europe tour from India.
18. Monaco is world’s richest country in terms of GDP per capita as per the World Bank Report
19. Adolf Hitler was a European - He was not a German but from Austria
20. In Denmark, if a horse drawn carriage is passing a car, and the horse becomes uneasy, the driver of the car has to pull over and if required, cover the car.
21. In Greece all the electronic games are forbidden. Initially they wanted to ban only internet gambling, but since the government could not make out the difference between the gambling games and harmless internet candy crush, all games became banned.
22. If you are in France and you want to give your mate a quick kiss before he/she boards a train, we believe you’ll face much of a penalty(to help prevent rail delays)